How to start?
- Eat 4 times a day.
- You can change recipes. Use the search bar in the meal plan.
- You can eat every recipe for every meal. Or even twice a day!
- You can substitute the ingredients in recipe.
- Just relax and enjoy!
If you have any questions, please write them in our chat and we will help you!
1. The most important things
- We have made nutrition plan specially for you, based on your personal data. If you want, you can change recipes or ingredients by yourself.
- If you change your nutrition plan, then keep in mind that you must eat at least once fruits and once whole grain products. Twice a week you should eat trout or salmon. If you want, you can eat the same food several times in a day or several days in a row.
- Try to eat at least 400 grams/ 14 oz “freeware” vegetables. In the meal plan they are marked with green leaf. Those are the vegetables that you can eat as much as you want (but only during the mealtime!): cucumber, tomato, eggplant, wild garlic, cabbage, Chinese cabbage, kohlrabi, peppers, pumpkin, zucchini, mushrooms, mung bean sprouts, lettuce, Swiss chard, cauliflower, rhubarb, celery, spinach, radishes, romaine lettuce, leeks, sorrel, lemon, onion, garlic. This list includes all the vegetables, which contain less than 20 kcal per 100g / 3,5oz.
- For the best result, you need to follow the plan 100%.
- In the nutrition plan the ingredients quantities are based on raw food.
- Prevent thirst and consume enough liquid. The best thing to drink is water. Avoid sweetened drinks. You can drink coffee or tea as much as you want, but you shouldn’t add sugar or milk.
- Every day you will have 4 meals. Eat for the first time right after waking up and for the last time 1-2 hours before going to bed. Eat two remaining meals between the first and the last one. If you want, you can divide one meal to two portions and eat 5 times.
- If you do workout, then the amount of your last meal increases two times. Please, mark the workout near supper ingredients.
- Try to eat 1-2 hours before the workout. You can eat immediately after workout.
- Once a week you can have a cheat meal. But only in this case if your weight is increasing in the right pace. For a cheat meal, you can eat everything you want, but we suggest to eat based on our plan, but bigger amounts. If you are having a cheat meal, please mark it in a nutrition plan.
- If you work on shifts, then there is only on rule – you need to eat 4 meals in 24 hours.
2. How to search and change the recipes?
You can change your nutrition plan and for every meal choose a recipe you want to eat. We will calculate for you the right amounts of food. You can change the recipe using search bar in the recipe. You can insert there recipe’s name or name of the ingredient.
Also, you can change the ingredients in the recipe.
3. Nutrition plan for the whole family
- You can add family members from nutrition plan or on settings page.
- For each meal, mark if your family member is eating it.
- When the meal is ready, weight it and insert the weight in the nutrition plan. Then you will see proportions for each family member.
How children should eat?
- For children under 12 years, we recommend to monitor them how the amounts of food are suitable for them.
- We suggest to give your children the same food, because they also need to be healthy. But the amounts of food should be based on their appetite.
4. Special menu
On your account settings, you can choose to have special menu:
- menu for gluten intolerant people
- menu for lactose intolerant people
- menu for breastfeeding mothers
- menu for pregnant woman – you should start using this menu when you are 5 months pregnant. This menu will ensure that you and your baby will have all the needed nutrients and mother will not gain excess weight.
- menu for people who have I type of diabetes – we will show the amount of carbohydrates.
5. What to do if weight loss is stopped?
If you are not losing weight fast enough (0,5-1kg per week), then:
- update your weight;
- review your personal information. Important is to insert correct height, date of birth and goal;
- analyze your behavior. Have you been following the plan for 100%? You should follow your plan for 100%, then it will work;
- reduce your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) for 10 or 20%. You are allowed to do this if you have been 100% following the program for two weeks and weight and body measurements haven’t been changed at all. Firstly, decrease your TDEE for 10% and then follow the program for 2 weeks. If nothing changes, then decrease your TDEE for 20%. You can do it in your account settings.
6. How to fight hunger?
- Prefer recipes where the number of ingredients is bigger.
- Prefer recipes with solid food, not the drinkable ones (smoothies).
- Start your day with breakfast which includes eggs. It will fill your stomach for a longer time.
- Add to your meals “freeware” vegetables.
- Eat at least twice a day meals which include whole grain products.
- Drink enough amount of water and avoid dehydration.
- Don’t forget that you have a cheat meal once a week (if your weight loss is normal).
7. Nutrition plan for a mom who is breastfeeding
Fitlap has a nutrition plan who is breastfeeding. Usually the weight after having a baby is too high and mother wants to lose it as soon as possible. But this is dangerous for the baby and for the mother. Based on Fitlap’s nutrition plan, mother and her baby will receive all the nutrients needed and mother will start to lose a weight in a right pace.
IF YOU ARE BREASTFEEDING, YOU SHOULD CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE STARTING TO USE OUR NUTRITION PLAN
Although, baby’s gas pain is associated with mother’s diet, there were researches, that found out, that this link is weak. Nevertheless, we would like to give some advice to breastfeeding mothers:
- Avoid drinks which contain caffeine (coffee, tea, cola), because caffeine in mother’s milk can be the reason why baby is restless.
- If mother is consuming milk or cream, it can cause allergy to newborn. Undiagnosed allergy symptoms may include abdominal pain, crying and irregular bowel activity, as well as diarrhea. Sweet and carbonized products in mother’s menu can cause gas and fermentation processes.
- Avoid eating onion, garlic and other products with strong flavor. Strong flavor of these foods can also affect the taste of milk and be the reason why baby refuses to eat.
- Most mothers can eat everything they want. However, some babies may be sensitive to some food, so mothers need to observe her baby’s health and her menu.